Thursday, July 21, 2011

bury me with pink flowers on a pink caskett

all my life, i've always thought that my obesity is a helpless case.. i guess i've always believed that i was born this way and that i can't do anything about it.. well, yeah i have a lazy arse too! that and my unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle led to numerous serious health conditions..

when i was younger, i never really admitted to myself that i have an unhealthy lifestyle.. i smoke, i eat too much, i'm a coke addict, and i always sleep late at night.. but i didn't mind that.. before.. not until about a month ago when i collapsed in the middle of the night in my room.. i was rushed to the hospital because i was very weak and nauseous.. when we got there, my blood pressure level went down from 90/70 to 70/50 (i think).. my mom told me i was so pale and all.. and she kept budging me just so i wouldn't fall asleep because if i did i would have gone in a coma.. that was too traumatic for me..

before that incident, we had softdrinks for two straight days at home (that was a weekend).. sunday night, i slept a bit early because i had a fever and had chills.. around 2AM, i woke up sweating because there was no AC.. and i was itching all over my lower extremities.. so i got out of bed and took an anti-allergy pill.. i went back to bed and tried to get some sleep.. still, the itching didn't stop.. the medication didn't work, i suppose.. after a few minutes, i felt choking.. it was like something was lodged in my throat.. and although the AC was already on high, i was sweating and was feeling dizzy.. i tried not to mind it.. but after some time, i felt i had to get up and go to my parents' room.. so i forced myself to get up.. when i sat on the bed, i couldn't see or hear anything.. it was pitch dark and there was an eerie silence.. it was like i lost my sight and my hearing.. panicked, i tried to stand up and that was when i felt like the world spun under my feet.. i fell to the side, crashed on my electric fan and full-length mirror.. i still couldn't see or hear anything, but i felt that everything toppled on top of me.. maybe it was my survival instincts, i don't know, but i forced myself to stand up even if the cable of my fan was tangled to my legs.. i pushed everything away and almost crawled towards my parents' room.. when i opened the door, i almost couldn't say anything because i was too weak.. but i really forced my throat to make a sound and i called out to my mom.. "help, ma!" startled, she hurriedly got out of bed, panicking.. i wanted to die that very instant! i don't know why i didn't let myself die in my room..

so after five days in the hospital, my endocrinologist told me that i have type 2 diabetes.. "great! now i can die really young!" i thought to myself..

today, i don't eat that much anymore.. no more softdrinks.. no more sweets (well, except for the times when i really crave for one.. but i try as hard as i can not to eat more than i should).. i still smoke occasionally.. but i try to eat as little as possible.. i taught myself to like vegetables (okay, only some) and fruits.. i also pushed myself to drink lots of water everyday.. and every single day, i discover more and more complications that i will acquire if i don't take care of my health.. and although i really really don't wanna grow older than 40, i don't wanna die paralyzed or missing one leg either!

No comments:

Post a Comment